Monday, December 7, 2009

He Hears

God has blessed us so greatly with the avenue of prayer. Prayer is such an amazing tool for us to use in any occasion - and as Christians, we should be praying all the time.

Some may wonder, however, if the Lord really hears our prayers? It can be easy to think, "How can I be sure that God is hearing my prayers?" Well truthfully, we have MANY reasons to believe that God hears our prayers. First of all, think about something in your life that you have prayed a lot about at one time - maybe a sick family member, or family problems, or monetary problems, etc - Were your prayers answered? Secondly, we have numerous passages that let us know that God hears our prayers. In Psalm 116: 1-2, it says, "I Love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live." - Passages like this one remind us that God really does hear and care about our prayers to Him. And thirdly, we just have to have faith. Faith is a big part of prayer. People may never understand how we can put faith in something we can't see... But that's what faith is - Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the substance of things hoped for. The Evidence of things not seen." In order for our prayers to be heard, we have to have faith that God really does hear them.

Let us be confident that the Lord hears our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment