Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Psalm 27: God's Comfort in Times of Distress

Psalm 27 is a wonderful Psalm that I often look to whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed with the cares of this world. This Psalm happens to reinforce the fact that God is always there for us and that he cares deeply for us.

The Psalm reads: "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked.. came upon me to eat up my flesh, the stumbled and fell. Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear, though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident..... (14) wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

So often, we try and take matters into our own hands... And whenever we try and do this, we usually end up feeling distressed and anxious and sometimes fearful. We should never try to handle life's situations without help from of God. He is our rock and our redeemer and He is there waiting to help us through our life. As this Psalm says, The Lord is our helper - He is our light, our salvation, and our stronghold - therefore we have nothing to fear from mortal enemies.

Seek to know the Lord. As Christians, we truly need to know Him better.

No comments:

Post a Comment