Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Why I Shouldn't Want to Sin.

It's very easy to fall into temptation. Let's face it - it's something that we deal with everyday. Sometimes, the temptations are more trying than other times - and somedays, we're able to withstand them without any problems.

But I was trying to think of some ways that I could make it easier to resist the temptation to sin... And I'll share a couple over the next few days.

The first reason why I should want to resist temptation is:

I know sin hurts the One who loves me the most. Obviously God doesn't want to see any of His children fall - and when we do, it definitely pains Him. We often lose sight of the fact that God has feelings that can easily be hurt - like ours (Gen 1:26 - we were made in His image).

We need to reach the point that we WANT to avoid sin at all costs because we know how much it hurts our Lord to see us fall. John 3:16 tells us that He loved us so much and He gave us His only son so that we could have the chance of Heaven one day. And yet, we still hurt Him over and over again by transgressing His law.


more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment