We could probably all improve our life if we spent less time worrying. Why do we worry in the first place?
- Life is hard and stressful and sometimes bad things CAN happen.
- We can't tell the future - sometimes we get nervous about the things that lie ahead.
- We're not in control, and that makes us worry.
Solution: Matthew 6:25-34. In that passage, Jesus tells us that we shouldn't worry about our life - because our Heavenly Father KNOWS what we need in our life.
There's some things we should keep in mind about worrying that could help us worry less!
1) Recognize that worry accomplishes absolutely nothing. Somebody once said, "Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair - Lots of energy and you don't GET ANYWHERE!" Proverbs 12:25 tells us, "An anxious heart weighs a man down."
2) Put the first things first. We worry and care too much about the wrong things. - Sometimes it seems like we have our priorities mixed up. We need to be more focused and care about the things that really matter - like God and His kingdom.
3) Substitute worry for trust! We need to trust in God for everything. He's going to take care of everything - we have no need or reason to worry.
It's very easy to get worried about things... but it's not healthy - spiritually or physically. Let's stop worrying so much and focus more on trusting God.